Who doesn’t love chicken strips? Making your own is quite easy and because they are baked they are definitely healthier! I have included a recipe for Aioli sauce, but these could be paired with whatever your favorite sauce is!
I use whole chicken breast instead of tenders. I just am never happy with tenders. They always seem to have pieces of sinew in them, which ruins everything!
Sooo….lay out the chicken breast on a cutting board, cover it with cling wrap and pound it to an even thickness. Probably about 1/2 inch thick. Then just cut it into strips.
Now prepare 3 bowls as such:
- Flour, salt and pepper.
- Two beaten eggs
- Panko with yummy seasonings
Dip each strip into the flour, then the eggs and end with the panko.
Lay them out on the cooking sheet and spray with cooking spray. COOK!
While the chicken is cooking make your Aioli.
Just throw the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Baked Chicken Strips with Aioli
- 1½ pound boneless chicken breast
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cover chicken breasts with cling wrap and pound to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into strips.
- Set out 3 bowls. In bowl #1 mix the flour with salt and pepper.
- In bowl #2 beat the two eggs.
- In bowl #3 combine the panko with basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken strips in the flour shaking off any excess. Dip into the eggs and then the panko mixture, pressing the crumbs into the chicken.
- Place on prepared cooking sheet and spray the chicken strips with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping strips halfway through.
- Place all ingredients into bowl and whisk together. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.