This is a classic, full proof recipe. And they are great to have on hand for when you are on the run!
This recipe makes 3 dozen muffins and I freeze at least half of them.
Make sure your bananas are ripe! And the riper the better! Use them right before the fruit flies arrive!
Mix your eggs and milk and then whisk in the sugar.
Stir in your dry ingredients and add your nuts or chocolate chips. DO NOT OVER MIX or your muffins will be tough.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Let cool and then ENJOY!
- 2 cups mashed, ripe banana 4-6 bananas
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3½ cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- chopped walnuts or chocolate chips *or both!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare muffin tins. Use cupcake papers or spray generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle a little flour in the bottom of each cup.
- Mash bananas and stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Mix together oil, sugar, eggs and milk.
- Stir in banana mixture. Mix well.
- Stir all dry ingredients together in a bowl and all to wet mixture. Stir until flour mixture is incorporated but NO MORE. Be careful to NOT overmix.
- Fold in walnuts or chocolate chips as desired.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins. This makes 3 dozen muffins and batter should fill the cup about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on rack.