These cookies are a creation of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk. They are very easy to throw together and don’t even have eggs!
AND… they are packed with coconut, milk chocolate chips and chopped nuts, which I suppose is the TREASURE. I have to say that it tracks…
I like to use cinnamon graham crackers...but if you can find graham cracker crumbs at the store, well that’s a win.
Also…SALT! Sprinkling a little salt on top of the cookies takes them next level.
These cookies are ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Use beaters to whip together the sweetened condensed milk and the softened butter until nice and smooth.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix together.
Add in the coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts and mix well.
Scoop out a heaping tablespoon for each cookie. Roll into balls and place on baking sheets.
Bake until the top of the cookies look dry. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs **I use cinnamon graham crackers
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1⅓ cup coconut, shredded and sweetened
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- flaked salt – optional **or sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°.Prepare baking sheets- spray with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl whip the butter and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Use either handheld beaters or a stand mixer.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Add coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts and stir it altogether.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon for each cookie and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with hand.**If desired, sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until cookies look dry on top. They will be light in color.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and remove to cooling rack.