My mom made the BEST cookies and everyone knew it. She used to pack our school lunches and they always included home-baked cookies. My mom’s cookies could always be exchanged for anything we wanted from someone else’s lunch. Now I can’t imagine why I would ever trade them away! Maybe it was the power it gave me.
A while back I could NOT find this recipe, and my sister wouldn’t answer her phone so I googled “Snickerdoodles” and chose a recipe and it was awful! I was soooo disappointed! I just wanted the classic snickerdoodles from my childhood.
So here it is. Just for you.
Start by creaming the butter, shortening and sugar together. Then add the eggs and whip until creamy.
Mix the dry ingredients together and stir into wet mixture.
Pack the dough into a large zip lock bag and refrigerate for an hour.
Scoop into balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar.
Bake and cool and WAHLAH. Beautiful yummy cookies.
- baking sheet line with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup Crisco shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture: about 3 tsp cinnamon to 1 cup of sugar.
- Cream together sugar, shortening and butter with beaters.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture. Stir together until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make each ball with about 3 Tbsp of dough.
- Roll in cinnamon & sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet. Press down each ball to flatten top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack.