This is one of those great recipes from back in the day. It seems to originate in the Midwest in the early 80s. A version of the recipe (there are several versions) was printed in the 1984 Cookbook of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in South Dakota.
And guess what? It’s really good! My husband says it’s one of his favorite things I make!
Begin by mixing the pudding and buttermilk and then fold in the whipped topping.
Stir in the fruit. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Crush the cookies and add in just before serving.
Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Enjoy!
- 2 3.4 ounce Jello instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 20 ounce pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 11 ounce mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ package fudge striped cookies
- In large bowl, mix together the pudding mix and the buttermilk.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Stir in the drained fruit. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Crush or cut up cookies and stir in just before serving. Sprinkle extra cookie crumbs on top of each pudding.