Oatmeal cookies are always good, but these are GREAT! Loaded with extras they are almost like a homemade granola bar! My daughter eats them for breakfast.
If you are like me you will throw in some white chocolate chips while you’re at it!
Just whip the shortening and sugars together and stir in the flour and spices.
I like to double the recipe and freeze a bunch for grab-and-go. These are great to ALWAYS have on hand!
Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- ¾ cup Crisco shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, optional
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spray baking sheet or line with parchment or baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, whip together shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add oatmeal, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts and white chocolate chips if desired.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart, pressing balls together as needed.
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.