Pasta is the answer to every cold day and most broken hearts. It has magical healing qualities. And THIS pasta is especially WONDERFUL!
Mostaccioli is a tube pasta and you can replace it with anything similar.
Plus a shot of hot pepper sauce!
And THEN add the parmesan. SO GOOD!
So creamy! So tasty! SO DELICIOUS!
Creamy Mostaccioli with Bacon and Mushrooms
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 pound mostaccioli noodles *or noodle of choice
- 2 cups half and half
- ⅔ cup butter
- 4 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- Slice bacon into¼-½ inch pieces. Fry in large skillet until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Add sliced mushrooms to bacon fat and cook until golden. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- In same pan, combine half and half, butter, parsley, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir and heat just until butter melts.
- Stir pasta into sauce, add parmesan cheese, bacon and mushrooms.
- Place on warm serving platter and garnish with sliced green onions.