These are truly the crispiest chicken wings ever, which is good because who like them mushy?
Thaw out your wings and drain.
Dry them really well with paper towels. Like really well. Dry each one individually squeezing it a little to make sure it is dry.
Mix together baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Now HERE is the most IMPORTANT thing about this recipe…..the secret to crispiness! It’s the baking POWDER (NOT baking SODA). This is the secret to crispy wings!
Sprinkle the baking powder and spice mixture over the wings and mix well making sure every wing is well coated.
Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
They are perfect!
Serve with Blue cheese or Ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
If you want them hot and spicy mix them with 1/4 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce Original.
Crispy Chicken Wings
- 2½-3 pounds frozen chicken wings
- 4 Tablespoons baking POWDER *NOT baking soda!
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Thaw chicken wings. Drain and DRY WELL with paper towels. Dry each piece individually.
- Mix baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Sprinkle over chicken and mix well with spatula making sure every piece is well coated.
- Spread wings on prepared pan.
- Back for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn each wing.
- Return to oven and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing. *If desired pour ¼ cup of Franks Original Hot Sauce over wings and stir well.