It’s impossible to explain how delicious this is. You just have to try it. It is the best of summer and served with grilled chicken, it’s HEAVEN.
When I was a kid we always had a big garden and a large plot of corn. In August we would haul in all the corn and have a big corn scraping party. We had an outdoor fireplace and boiled the corn in big pots on the fire. We always froze the corn which kept it tasting fresh off the cob.
It’s just a matter of mixing all the veggies together and tossing with a simple dressing.
Nothing like a bowl of fresh summer veggies.
The dressing is just olive oil and lemon juice with salt and pepper. The simplicity of it is perfect.
You won’t be able to stop eating it. Enjoy every bite!
Fresh Corn Salad
- 5 ears corn on the cob
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup English cucumber, cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- Husk the corn and remove corn silk. Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cobs. Use the back of the knife to scrape off any leftover juices. Place corn into a medium salad bowl.
- Add the green onions, avocado, tomatoes and cucumber. Stir to combine.
- In small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and stir to combine.