I love appetizers. There’s something about those small delicious bites. And there are so many different kinds to enjoy!
Crostini is the BOMB! There are so many ways you can prepare it, and this is one of my favorites. Something about the combination of the bread, cheese and grapes. It will surprise you how good it is.
Here’s the other thing. It’s an appetizer, sure. BUT…..makes a great lunch or snack…is perfect to serve at brunch…or a wedding…or a holiday gathering. SO SO GOOD!
For Crostini you always want to slice the baguette on a fairly sharp diagonal. Toasting them with olive oil and salt and pepper creates the base.
Mix the fresh herbs into the goat cheese.
Spread each crostini with herbed goat cheese.
And then arrange cut grapes on top.
Now take a bite and prepare to be amazed!
Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 French baguette
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch of rosemary
- fresh parsley
- 1 8 ounce goat cheese
- 1½ pounds red & green seedless grapes
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice baguette diagonally intot ⅓-½ inch thick pieces.
- Brush each slice generously with olive oil. Salt and pepper.
- Bake on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Chop parsley and rosemary and stir into goat cheese. **I generally do about 1T of parsley and 2Ts of rosemary, but it's a matter of taste.
- Spread a generous amount of cheese mixture onto cooled baguette slices.
- Halve grapes and arrange on top of cheese. Serve with leftover grapes.