Here is our version of the classic green bean casserole that seems to be a requirement on every Thanksgiving table!
Once again, this is the way my mom made it, and I still think it’s the best.
We add soy sauce and water chestnuts to our casserole, which boosts the flavor and texture.
Some of the family do not like water chestnuts, which I do not understand.
I always make one pan with, one pan without.
Always a great leftover.
Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans French-style green beans 14.5 oz each
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts optional
- 2 containers crispy fried onions 2.8 oz each
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except for onions.
- Place half of bean mixture in 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Cover with half of onions.
- Spoon remaining bean mixture over onions.
- Cover top with remaining onions.
- Bake 20125 minutes until bubbly.