It is September and I have made it through another long and hot August. Congrats to all of us!
We here at Most Delicious Life really love the Autumn. It is our favorite for many reasons. One of them is PUMPKINS! We love the colors, the look, the baking, the scent, the cooking, the seeds, the beverages.
It is not too soon to start planning and deciding on when to make some pumpkin treats.
Here are some favorites –
Pumpkin bars are sturdy enough to eat in your hand and only bake for 20 minutes. Definitely a winner!
2. Pumpkin Mac and Cheese This a great option for using pumpkin in a healthier, more nutritious way. We love Mac & Cheese, and this a REALLY good one.
3. Pumpkin Cream Pie This is an old family favorite. It is basically pumpkin mousse in a pie shell. My childhood friend Virginia requests it whenever she visits.
4. Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes These are mini muffins or cake donut holes. SO GOOD! Roll in cinnamon & sugar or glaze them.
5. Pumpkin Custard Cake I request this every year for my birthday in October.
6.Pumpkin Whoopie Pies A perfect treat for a party or classroom. They can be individually wrapped and can be made small or big.
7. Pumpkin Bread Pudding This one. THIS ONE HERE IS HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE. I never EVER say no to a bread pudding. This one is made with pumpkin and coconut milk instead of cream.
8. Roasted Chicken in a Pumpkin This chicken is so tender with delicious pumpkin and vegetables. Also, it looks AWESOME!
So now the temps are dropping, and the days are getting shorter. We have started getting out our Autumn leaf garlands and planning our Halloween Costumes. I’m trying to decide which pumpkin treat I will make first this season.
Which pumpkin recipe will be your first this year? One of these? Or a different one?