Mom was given this recipe by a friend when I was in my late teens. We all loved it! It is everything you need for delicious nachos baked into one dish.
We love it for a weeknight meal, or I’ll pop this oven if a good football game is on. It is perfect football food.
The best part is how easy it is!
Brown the hamburger, drain. Add in all other ingredients except the cheese and tortilla chips. Then evenly spread the beef mix over the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
Next spread an even layer of lightly crushed tortilla chips, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. I use a colby jack mix.
Then repeat the 3 layers. 1. Beef. 2. Tortilla Chips. 3. Cheese. Then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted.
Cut into and dish up in squares. Serve with Nacho toppings like olives, tomatoes, sour cream, more salsa, lettuce, guacamole etc.
Layered Baked Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can corn drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch dressing
- Tortilla chips
- 3-4 cups shredded cheese cheddar or Mexican blend
Toppings - optional
- Lettuce shredded
- Tomatoes chopped
- Sour Cream
- Olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large frying pan brown the ground beef then drain. Add in the salsa, corn, mayonnaise, chili powder and ranch dressing. Stir over low heat till heated through.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 pan. Spread ½ of the beef mixture over the bottom of the dish. Next spread a layer of slightly broken up tortilla chips. Then top with ½ the cheese in an even layer. Repeat the 3 layers one more time. finishing with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese in both layers is fully melted.
- Cut into squares and dish up like a casserole. Serve with chosen toppings.