This is a fast, easy way to make this without all the extra ingredients added in the factory!
Whatever you do, don’t use pre-shredded cheese. It has anti-clumping agents added and doesn’t melt as smoothly.
AND if you are Me, use Tillamook cheese from lovely Tillamook, Oregon. It’s the best.
This is what you need right here!
Stir cornstarch into the cheese. This will provide thickening for the sauce.
Heat the milk until bubbly around the edges and stir in the cheese!
Add the seasonings and mix well.
READY TO SERVE!
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 3 cups fresh grated cheese **pre-grated cheese has non-clumping agents and doesn't melt as well
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 12 ounce evaporated milk
- 1½ tsp Sriracha, or other hot sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- Stir cornstarch into grated cheese.
- Heat the evaporated milk in a medium saucepan until it just starts to bubble around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the grated cheese a handful at a time stirring until melted.
- Stir in hot sauce and seasonings and mix well. **Sauce will thicken as it cools.