This is the juiciest way to cook chicken breast EVER! And it’s seasoned perfectly!
So often chicken breast can turn out tough and chewy. Roasting it, basted with olive oil, locks in the moisture and cooks it to perfection.
Start with good boneless, skinless chicken breast, and trim away extra fat and sinews.
Place each breast between 2 pieces of parchment paper and pound out any overly-thick spots so that chicken is uniform.
Place on oiled (or sprayed) baking sheet covered with foil.
Drizzle or baste the olive oil all over each breast, front and back.
Mix spices and sprinkle generously all over, front and back. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
This is great as a leftover and can be used in any recipe that needs cooked chicken. DELICIOUS!!!
Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- 4 6-7 ounce chicken breast **boneless, skinless
- 2 t olive oil
- 4 T brown sugar
- 3 t chili powder
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t salt
- ½ t black pepper
- ½ t onion powder
- ¾ t garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts in thicker areas to form a uniform thickness. *About 1 inch thick.
- Place chicken on foil covered baking pan and baste or drizzle olive oil onto both sides.
- Mix together seasonings and sprinkle generously onto both sides of chicken.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cover with foil for 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- Slice into ¼ inch pieces and serve.