I LOVE Thai food! One of my favorite dishes is Pad Thai and I have ordered it at many Thai restaurants, but it is never as good as THIS RECIPE! I feel like that sentence was somehow sacrilegious, but there it is! What can I say? This is SO DELICIOUS! It’s definitely American-Thai fusion. Thankyou to my niece Abby!
Most of the prep time is in cutting and chopping….so make it a family event!
Bring large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
Cut up your chicken breast into strips.
Mix together 2T Sriracha, lime juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix with cut up chicken. Cover chicken and set aside.
Cut up broccoli and green onions. .
Heat oil in wok and stir fry until chicken is opaque.
Add in prepared veggies and continue to stir-fry over high heat.
Stir-fry veggies for 3-5 minutes.
Add noodles and as much sauce as desired. *I use almost all of the sauce…..the sauce is delicious!
It is helpful to use tongs to mix together.
Serve with chopped peanuts, cilantro leaves, bean sprouts and lime wedges.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast cut into small strips
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 medium lime, juiced *Or 2T bottled lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3-4 shakes soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ¾ cup carrots, grated
- 2 cups broccoli (or snow peas!) cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1 16 ounce linguine noodles
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 9 heaping Tablespoons creamy Peanut butter
- 2-5 teaspoons Sriracha
- 4 ½ Tablespoons honey
- 9 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons ginger minced or grated
- 6-7 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup peanuts chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 medium limes cut into wedges
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- In medium bowl mix sriracha, lime juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cut up chicken.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet.
- Saute chicken mixture in wok, stirring until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in carrots, green onions and broccoli. Stir fry over high heat until veggies are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain and toss with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare Peanut Sauce: In medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir over medium heat until sauce is heated through. It will thicken as it sits.
- Add noodles and sauce to the wok or skillet and combine with the chicken-veggie mixture. Mix well using tongs. *You may choose to not use all the sauce.
- Garnish with peanuts, cilantro and bean sprouts. Serve with lime wedges.