These wonderful delicious cookies are also known as Russian Tea Cookies. They are one of my all time favorites. They are a MUST at Christmastime but are a welcome treat anytime, anywhere.
It’s not clear if these actually originated in Russia, but somewhere in Europe where they were very popular to eat with tea, and who can blame them? They eventually became a standard at weddings and now many people consider them to be a Christmas cookie. They are certainly a bonus on any Christmas goodie plate.
Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together until creamy.
Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicon mat.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-13 minutes.
Cool completely before rolling in powdered sugar.
Pecan Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In mixing bowl beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and chopped pecans.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Place cookies on cooling rack and cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar.