These fabulous potatoes will improve any meal! Soft in the middle, crispy on the outside and nice and garlicky. Mmm mmm!
I like to use baby gold potatoes…the texture is just perfect for this,
Bring them to boil in heavily salted water and cook until they are nice and soft and SMASHABLE.
Drizzle olive oil on baking sheets. Place potatoes on sheets and smash!
It’s okay if they smash kind of wonky…
One thing to note: the thinner they are the crispier they will be.
Now just drizzle with butter and olive oil and then sprinkle with all those good seasonings!
Since you have two pans in the oven, switch their positions halfway through baking.
Eat them hot out of the oven!
These are served with our Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. Oven Roasted Chicken Breast – Most Delicious Life | Sharing Generations of Family and Fun
- 1½-2 pounds potatoes, small golden
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp garlic salt or garlic seasoning blend
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Wash potatoes. Place in pot and cover with water by about 2 inches. Add 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes. Potatoes should be cooked all the way through. Pierce with sharp knife to check doneness.
- Poor potatoes into colander and allow to sit and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Drizzle to baking sheets with half of the olive oil. Spread oil with basting brush.
- Place potatoes onto baking sheets and use flat-bottomed mug or bowl to smash each potato to about ¼ inch thick.
- Drizzle with melted butter and then remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with garlic salt, onion powder and chives.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Bake both pans at the same time, switching halfway through.
- Eat hot with sour cream and chives.