This is a delicious twist on pumpkin pie. I’m not sure if it’s a cake or a pie or a combination of both.
Remove 1 cup of the cake mix, mix the remaining with 1/4 cup butter and egg.
Press into 9 x 13 cake pan.
Mix together pumpkin, eggs, canned milk, brown sugar and cinnamon
Pour over crust.
Mix remaining cake mix, 1/4 cup melted butter and sugar. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
I always add chopped walnuts……at least on half the cake.
Bake and enjoy warm with ice cream or whipped cream!
Pumpkin Custard Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix reserve 1 cup, set aside
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 large can pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup canned evaporated milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove 1 cup of cake mix and set aside. Mix together remaining cake mix, 1/4 cup melted butter and egg.
- Press onto bottom of greased 9×13 cake pan.
- Mix together pumpkin, eggs, canned milk, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over crust.
- Mix remaining 1 cup of cake mix, 1/4 cup melted butter and sugar. Sprinkle over cake. Add chopped walnuts if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.