One of the best things about summer is all the fresh veggies. Throw them altogether in a skillet, add sausage and top with cheese. Perfect summer dinner. Especially when there is fresh corn cut right off the cob. YUM.
Prepare the veggies…cut the corn off the cob, cut up the pepper, zucchini, onion and jalapeno.
Look in the produce section for these packaged baby potatoes. They are great in this dish. Prepare these according to package directions and add into the mix.
If these are not available just microwave 1 pound of baby potatoes. When cooked stir in 1 Tbsp of butter and garlic powder.
Heat oil in the skillet and brown the sausage.
Add in all the veggies…
Cook and stir for 10 minutes and add in the cooked potatoes and seasonings.
Continue cooking until the veggies are cooked to desired doneness. Salt and pepper to taste.
Sausage and Zucchini Skillet
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups sausages, fully cooked and sliced
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut off of cobs ***3 ears of corn or frozen & thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in 1 inch lengths
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 pkg baby potatoes, prepared according to package instructions **OR 1 pound of baby potatoes,/, washed and microwaved for 5½ minutes. Stir with 1 tbsp butter and 2 tsps garlic powder
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder **optional
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup mozzarella balls or crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Prepare all the veggies.
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in large skillet.
- Sauté sausages until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, red pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and allowing veggies to sit and cook. Add more oil as needed.
- Add in the cooked potatoes and seasonings.Stir and cook until the veggies are cooked until desired doneness.
- Top with cheese and parsley.