Do like cake more than pie? Do you need other options besides pie on your Thanksgiving dessert table? Here are our favorites.
- Pumpkin Custard Cake is one of my absolute favs. My birthday is in October and growing up, I often requested this as my birthday cake.
2. Sweet Potato Souffle is basically a crustless sweet potato pie with a crumb top. SO. GOOD. We love this for dessert, although once a year, on Thanksgiving, I use it as a side dish.
3. Pumpkin Bread Pudding is a recipe many friends have requested from me, and I know that several of them have made it for Thanksgiving. An excellent addition!
4. Spiced Apple Cake with Carmel Sauce is a dessert my husband grew up on. I love the vintage feel of it so much. It has been in his family for at least a few generations. The carmel sauce makes it feel extra fancy and special.
5. Pumpkin Bars are SO delicious that you wouldn’t expect them to be as fast or easy as they are. If you truly like cake more than pie than I highly recommend this sheet cake to help you get your pumpkin fix.
6. Pear Cardamom Crisp has ALL the flavors of Fall that you love PLUS some other flavors you didn’t know that you needed! WE LOVE this Pear Crisp!
There you go! Those are our top choices. Here are some very serious Honorable Mentions.