Buttery graham crackers with a creamy chocolate ganache topped by ooey-gooey melted marshmallows. Oh my. And this is so easy to make, let the kids help!
Mix the crust together and press it into a pie plate.
Make the chocolate ganache and poor into the crust. Chill for an hour or more.
An hour before serving top it with the marshmallows and broil until golden.
Now this is important. You can go ahead and eat a piece right away, BUT for perfection let it sit for an hour or so until it’s at room temperature. Perfection.
- 1¼ cups graham crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 7 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 20-25 large marshmallows **less if using extra large
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie plate spreading along the bottom and up the sides. Use the back of the spoon to press firmly.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Measure chocolate chips into a mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it just starts to form bubbles around the edges.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and glossy. Mix in vanilla and salt.
- Pour chocolate ganache into the cooled pie shell.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (or up to overnight).
- An hour before serving preheat oven broiler and position oven rack 5-7 inches from heat.
- Remove the cling wrap from the pie. Cut the marshmallows in half and place cut-side down onto the top of the pie. **Spray kitchen shears with cooking spray for easier cutting.
- Place under the broiler for about 1 minute until marshmallows puff and turn golden. WATCH CAREFULLY as they will burn very quickly.
- Let the pie sit at room temperature for an hour before serving. Slice with sharp knife dipped in hot water inbetween slices.