With fresh strawberries, walnuts and feta, what could go wrong??? And then add on the most perfect dressing and Mmmm Mmmm GOOD! It tastes like spring and summer on a plate!
I feel like you can NOT have too many great salad recipes. I think it’s the perfect lunch during the hot months. And this salad provides the exact right mixture of protein, fruit and vegetable so you can certainly have a giant cookie for dessert.
Just heat the vinegar and sugar to get it to dissolve, whisk in the mustard, salt and garlic and let it cool.
Tear the lettuce up and plate it. Now I’m sure you know you can use whatever kind of lettuce you want, free country and all that. Bibb, Spring Mix, iceberg! Go crazy!
Strawberry Feta Salad
- 4 T white vinegar
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ t mustard
- ¼ t salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce
- 12 medium strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup walnuts. chopped
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- In saucepan, heat the vinegars and sugar just until sugar is disolved. Do not boil.Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, salt and garlic. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and tear up lettuce. Arrange on plates.
- Wash and slice strawberries. Divided evenly over lettuce.
- Sprinkle each salad with nuts and feta. Spoon on cooled dressing.