Easy dinner! Party food! Lunch! Camp food! Walking Tacos are THE BEST!
Walking Tacos have been around for awhile. You may have had them at the State Fair. They are a FUN FOOD!
Grab a bag of corn chips, add the toppings and eat it right out of the bag!
Or if you are a more civilized person, poor it all in a bowl. You do you.
If you want to go fast and dirty just heat some chili and spoon it over and top with cheese.
BUT, if you have the time, make this meat topping because it is DELICIOUS.
I like to do 2 pounds of meat at a time so that I have plenty to keep on hand.
Just brown the meat and onions together…
and add in enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, green chilis and cream cheese.
Stir until it is well mixed and the cream cheese is melted.
Set out the chips, meat and toppings.
Smash the chips a bit in the bag before cutting it open. Spoon on the meat and cheese. Add any toppings you like!
Top with sour cream or ranch dressing and DIG IN!
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can green chilis, small or large
- 1 small can enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 15 ounce pinto or black beans, drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 10 single-serving size Fritos or Doritos, any flavor
- grated cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- salsa or taco sauce
- sour cream or ranch dressing
- Brown ground meat and onions together in large frying pan, breaking apart as you cook . Cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are softened.
- Stir in green chilis, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and cream cheese. Stir until well mixed and cream cheese is melted.
- Set out the bags of chips, meat, and all the toppings.
- To serve, use fingers to break up chips in the bag a bit, then cut off one side.
- Spoon on the meat, cheese and toppings. Grab a spoon and dig in!