I love quick breads and I think they are really underrated. They are quick and easy, thus the name. AND they are DELICIOUS.
When I was a kid we always had a garden and by September we were always overrun with zucchini. And there are so many great ways to eat zucchini. and this is one of the best.
One thing to know is that when baking with zucchini it’s important to squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
Mix the eggs and oil together and add in sugar and vanilla.
Stir in zucchini.
Add in dry ingredients.
Add nuts or not, it’s up to you. I am always for nuts, but I understand that some of you are not.
Prepare either 2 regular sized loaf pans, or 4 small pans. Spray generously with baking cooking spray. It also helps to cut out parchment paper to place on the bottom of the pan. Another option is to rub with shortening and then cover with a layer of flour.
Divide the batter evenly in pans. Bake until golden and the top of loaf is solid.
Hot or cold, it is pretty dang wonderful!
- 2 loaf pans *or 4 small
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil *vegetable or canola
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini *shredded and squeezed dry in paper towels
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped *optional
- Prepare 2 regular loaf pans, or 4 small. Spray well with baking cooking spray. Line bottom of pans with parchment paper if desired.
- Pre heat oven to 325°.
- With a whisk beat together eggs and oil.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix well. Add in walnuts if desired.
- Divide batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake small loaves 45-50 minutes, regular loaves 60-70 minutes. Cool on rack 10-15 minutes. Use butter knife to separate sides of loaf from pan. Turn out loaf and cool on rack.