All summer long my kids LOVE root beer floats. I try to always keep the Root Beer and Vanilla ice cream on hand for a late night treat. We love sitting outside in the back yard, running around, chatting, playing games and drinking a root beer float. In the fall we love to switch it up and enjoy a carmel apple cider float while we watch a good movie by the fire, or play a board game together.
ALL of these ingredients are store to table. NO cooking required. You can buy some Carmel ice cream topping OR do as I do and make some carmel sauce, which is VERY easy to do!
Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add in the brown sugar and corn syrup.
Bring to a low boil, over medium heat, and keep it there for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally,
Takke it off the heat and stir in the cream till smooth. Set aside and let it cool slightly.
Drizzle about 1 Tablespoon of carmel into a large mug.
Scoop a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream into the mug and carmel coating.
Drizzle another Tablespoon of carmel over the ice cream.
Next pour the apple cider over the ice cream and carmel, to the top.
Top with whipped cream topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired. then more carmel on top.
Serve up right away. The carmel sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
Carmel Apple Cider Floats
- apple cider, real pressed cider, NOT juice
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream topping optional
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup white corn syrup
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream can also substitute half & half or canned evaporated milk
- You can buy carmel ice cream topping or start off by making carmel sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add in the brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Let it sit in a low boil for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cream till smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mug drizzle in some carmel sauce. Tip and turn the mug around in a circle to help the carmel run around and coat the inside of the mug.
- Scoop a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream into the mug to sit inside the carmel coating.
- Drizzle about 1 Tbsp over the ice cream.
- Pour the pressed apple cider over the ice cream and carmel till full.
- Top with whipped topping if desired and maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon and another drizzle of carmel. Serve up right away.
- The carmel keeps well for a week in the fridge, covered tight.