I grew up in Spokane, Washington, and this was my mom’s answer to the classic pecan pie.
I still prefer it to the original, probably because my mom made it.
This is my original recipe written by my mom, Colleen Mott.
It is a simple, full proof recipe and it’s delicious!
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Pour into prepared pie crust. Basic Pie Crust
Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Washington Nut Pie
- 1 8-9 inch single pie crust
- 3 eggs well beaten
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter cooled
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In medium bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, butter, Karo syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool 60 minutes before serving.